Exploring Paris

 Paris, oh, Paris. Probably the most beautiful city I've ever been in. Yes it's cliché, but it's true! I'll be sharing to you guys my first day in Paris, where my family and I roamed around the city and did the touristy stuff. It was a sunny day, which was so unexpected. Thinking that the day was going to be chilly, I obviously brought my coat with me and oh what a wrong decision that way (better safe than sorry, right? :P). Our first stop was Cathédrale Notre Dame. 





This is probably one of my favorite bridges in Paris. It's a short one and there's nothing special about it, but oh dear am I in love with it. Although I must say that the view from this bridge is nicer in winter than it is in spring.







 Famous because of Victor Hugo, the Cathedral doesn't disappoint. European architecture is one of my favorite things and Notre Dame is probably one of my favorites and I'm not saying that just because it's one of the most visited spot in Paris. 


Next stop: Petit Palais! Trust me, there ain't nothing petit about it (ha!). Across the palais, is the Grand Palais, which sadly wasn't open to the public. The Petit Palais is a museum that showcases the History of French art from the 1800's to the 1900's and also features artworks from famous artists such as Rembrandt. The museum doesn't charge you at all, which is a bonus!

#ceilinggoals



Obviously, we had to go and see the Eiffel Tower. I wanted to go to the top of the tower but sadly to do that, you have to go really early in the morning, because the wait once it's in the afternoon is a very long one. 
 View from the Pont Alexander III bridge 


View from Trocadéro

 After spending sometime in the Trocadéro Gardens admiring the Tower, my family and I headed out right to the bottom of the tower and explored the place a little bit. I found a carousel stand close by to the tower, so of course my sister and I rode it! We were in Paris after all. <3



After riding the carousel, I ate a nutella crêpe (obviously) and went on a boat ride around Paris. The boat ride was a nice way to end the day. 
I hope you had fun while I reminisce my first day in Paris! <3 

Much love, Ashley xxx

Comments

Popular Posts