My New Loves


Yesterday was Valentine's day, and despite it being very bloody for me (sorry for the TMI), I just had a crap day. I've been a hormonal biatch these past few days and I know who to blame. In all honesty, 2016 so far has been crap for me. My anxiety has grown worse by the day and it sucks to know that I can't do anything about it. Whining aside, I thought I'd share to you guys two things that has made my life a tad bit better. Pretty presumptuous that a perfume and lipstick is making me feel better, but hey, I'm desperate for something that'll make me feel joy and these are the two things that do make me happy.

You're probably wondering why my Replica perfume in 'Lazy Sunday Morning' is teeny tiny. Let's just say that my mom and sister are both Sephora fiends, and because of their constant purchase, they get a lot of samples after a purchase. This perfume was one of them, and as soon as I saw it, I grabbed it and gave it a sniff. So many bloggers such as Victoria and Sammi have wrote a post about Replica's perfumes and love them.

If you don't know about this brand, it's basically a perfume brand that produces scents of past memories. I friggin' love that and I must say the one that I have is such a heavenly scent. Lazy Sunday Morning was a memory from the year 2003 in Florence. The packaging describes it as the scent of 'soft skin and bed linen'. I'm not usually fond of a lot of perfume scents, but oh my gosh, I completely fell in love with this one. Because a bottle of Replica is quite pricy, testing out the scent in a sample bottle is great. This one's a scent that I would purchase over and over again.

Onto the next product that has made me more human than zombielike...

I detest my lips when they go all pale after minutes of not drinking water. I know I said that the Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm was my favorite (read the post about that here), but I've moved on people! The Make Up Forever Rouge Artist Natural lipstick in the shade N9 is my new love. They're much more moisturizing than the Revlon one, and the scent is nice to sniff on (lol, no, Ashley). The color is described as 'Copper Pink' by Sephora and has a satin finish.

Like the Revlone Colorburst, this stays on the lips for hours. Not as long as the Revlon one, but I do have to say that removing the Make up Forever one is much more easier than the Revlon one.

I hope you enjoyed this post and had a way better Valentine's day than I did! What are your favorite scents these days? Would love to know! x

Much love, Ashley xx

                                            INSTAGRAM / TWITTER / BLOGLOVIN


Comments

  1. Very great post, I love it ! Love your blog too !! <3
    Would you like to follow for each other ?

    Suzanne xx
    Check my blog : http://yourlovelyplace.blogspot.fr/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've not tried any Make Up forever lipsticks, I want to though! I love their HD powder! I hope you feel your cheery self in no time, it sucks when you feel a bit stuck in a puddle! I didn't even celebrated Valentines day at all, a completely normal Sunday but that's alright too I suppose.


    Sally ~ DiagonSally

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never tried them either before this! They're so good. I think my sister used their powder once! Thanks, Sally :) I'm feeling a whole lot better after watching Bridget Jones' Diary. Hope you have a great day!

      Delete
  3. Perfect lipstick shade!!

    www.elizabethangelia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yesss :) even though it is quite dark, I like to wear it in the day time hahah :P

      Delete
  4. Ah what beautiful flowers, I hope you had a lovely weekend celebrating Valentines x

    http://thelondonthing.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have a lovely blog!

    https://asparklingjourney.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sucks that 2016 hasn't been that great for you, Ashley, but that's what pretty lipsticks and nice perfume are for right? I'm loving your blunt narrative, by the way, and I'm wishing you all the best for the rest of 2016.

    May | THE MAYDEN | bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Things are slightly better now, thank you though, May! x hahaha, I'm not usually blunt, but eh, you only live once right?!

      Delete
  7. I love your valentines day picks. I'm sorry that you didn't have a good valentines day... :( I know how that can be especially with anxiety. It's the worst. Hope your anxiety gets better, love. Seriously. <3 I've had it and when it gets really bad it's hard to breathe. Wish you the best and lots of love.
    Also, I love the shade of the lipstick :* kisses.

    Lots of love,
    Kayla xo // Kayla's Vibration


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Kayla for the encouragement. There are bad days and good days in life, right now my life just isn't in the right place and that's fine! I know, I get a bit jittery and feel lightheaded whenever I feel anxious, it sucks. Thanks once again, Kayla! X

      Delete
  8. That Replica perfume looks adorable and I love the whole concept!

    www.ohsobecky.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. How I wish I could comfort you right now. Hopefully that everything would be better soon ♥

    Joyce // Joycentricity

    ReplyDelete
  10. Interesting post with lovely pics!! Especially lipstick shade looks amazing.Hope you will have a great year ahead.

    Best wishes
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  11. i love the photos and you have a great writing style

    http://allaboutmylittlethings.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Woah, I love that lipstick shade ♥

    tipscapsule.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing, isn't it?! Reminds me so much of wine somehow haha x

      Delete
  13. Lovely products dear! Hope you had a great day nonetheless and have a wonderful weekend up ahead :)

    Erica
    www.eggcanvas.me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Erica! :) hope you have a wonderful Thursday and weekend too x

      Delete
  14. I’ve become so obsessed with lipsticks lately, I have bought an unnecessarily huge amount in the past four days :/ But thanks for sharing this, now I have another one to check out haha

    TFM BLOG

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahah! :P hope you'll like the lipstick as much as I did!

      Delete
  15. absolutely love this post!

    xx
    Aida
    http://espritdemode.blogspot.lt/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cool shots!! Hope you had fun!

    xx
    Xin

    http://xincerely.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love this lipstick and i love your blog - it's so interesting for me cause i'm from Russia!

    Welcome to my fashion blog - http://www.tailerofstyle.com will glad to see you!)) Also you can find something at travel category!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love these picks! Those flowers are so pretty :)

    xo Lauren
    http://www.earthtostyle.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely post my dear!

    Have a wonderful week!

    xx
    www.verzali.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I agree that something simple as a lipstick or a perfume can really bring a smile to your face :) I enjoyed reading your blog post!

    Bold Bliss
    http://boldblissblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay!!!! Glad to know someone's with me on this one. Thank you so much! x

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts