A Pretty Foursome



Very good job on the title there, Ash! No not really...

Nail polishes. A way of coloring up your nails to make them a whole lot prettier, attractive and less dull. In all honesty though, I never paint my hands with nail polish. Instead I color up my toenails instead! I'm quite weird that way, just the smell and tackiness of nail polish freaks me out when I apply it on my hands! And to be frank with you, I have old lady hands, so no matter how pretty a nail polish color is, my hand will still look awful afterwards. What a sad hand, I have.

All three polishes + the handy matte top coat are my favs. They're all very soft colors and ones that are versatile with every single outfit you wear and you can't help but wear open-toed shoes to be able to show off these colors! Well, that's what I think anyways. So, let's get on with it!


A very well known mint color that was all the rage about three years ago now and I'm still in love with it. This Barry M nail polish in the shade Pole Position is one of my favs, really. Not one that I wear quite often because wearing it is quite a fuss (usually I put on three coats for this one because it's so sheer), but don't worry it'll quickly dry because, well it's stated there on the packaging, hahaha. I got this when I was in London and if I'm not mistaken I bought it at Superdrug. I still remember that I bought a bar of Cadbury Wispa's too, reminded me so much of Niall somehow.


I bought the Sally Hansen Matte Top Coat quite a while ago, but it's still going strong! I don't know about you, but sometimes I get a bit irritated with the shininess of a nail polish. And this is when the badboy comes in and rescue me! After applying a coat or two of whatever choice of nail polish I want to wear that day, I apply either a coat or two of this right on top of it and it instantly dries. The smell can get strong, but I don't mind it if it does the job well. It's true that this top coat also manages to make the nail polish last a tad bit longer.

This is my current favorite one. The one that I've been wearing for two months now ever since Christmas break. The Essie nail polish in Virgin Snow a part of the winter collection of 2015. Many people would swoon over reds and golds for the festive season, but I'm not of those people. I prefer soft blues like this one to brighten up my toenails! When I first saw this particular shade in one of Jenn Im's video last December, I immediately asked my sister to grab me a bottle because I needed it in my life ASAP.


An oldie but a goodie! I first discovered this gorgeous Essie nail polish in the shade Sittin' Pretty from Estée. She was raving on and on about this about two summers ago. It took me quite a while to search for this particular shade. Sadly now (I think) it's not available anymore, but the alternative choice of a polish color that is very similar to Sittin' Pretty also by Essie is Playdate. I don't know if they're the same shade or not, but it looks exactly the same to me. I wore it throughout the whole year last year and half of 2014, basically. Still in love with it!

What are your favorite nail polishes?

Much love, Ashley xx

                                             INSTAGRAM / TWITTER / BLOGLOVIN




Comments

  1. love that shade of green! http://britishmermaid.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very beautiful.
    Good vibes, Fox
    check out my latest Vlog
    -www.rochellefox.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I want to give that top coat a try, the reason I don't paint my nails is because I can't stand waiting for them to try! I keep poking them to check and end up ruining them. I haven't tried any Barry M nail polishes either, that's a lovely shade though! X

    Sally ~ DiagonSally

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! It dries the nail faster which is always a plus for me. Hahaha, that happens to me a lot too! Dabbing it with a cotton but it's still wet.

      Delete
  4. i have that same issue! i hate applying nailpolish but i have to because my hands always look a little off without it to me haha
    i really love that virgin snow color, i'll have to look into it!
    if you don't mind bright colors, sally hansen's coral reef color is beautiful for spring/summer!

    x caitie
    http://xcaitieelizabeth.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My nails in general are horrible, so I don't have much thought into it hahah! It's beautiful, isn't it?! Thanks for the suggestion, Caitie, might give it a look when I'm in a drugstore! x

      Delete
  5. Great review. love that pastel green one <3

    xoxo Eva | www.evakindles.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it ;) Wanna follow for follow??

    http://ordinaryblondie9.blogspot.hr/2016/02/casual-day.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Essie Virgin Snow colour is beautiful! I need to get it xx

    http://www.thatnewdress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go go go! I think it's alright to be putting that for Spring, hehehe :P

      Delete
  8. I love these colors! Great post :)
    XX Selin

    www.selinmina.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great post, i'm loving a matte top coat at the minute! I really like your blog, let me know if you would like to follow each other!

    adelelydia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always put it on cause I don't like shiny nail polish! Very weird of me, hahaha.

      Delete
  10. Such pretty colors! Love shades from essie :)

    Erica
    www.eggcanvas.me

    ReplyDelete
  11. That Virgin Snow Essie polish is gorgeous, I love soft blues like that!

    www.thesundaymode.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your title got me....I fell for it! xx adaatude.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahah! I was pretty chuffed about the title of this post as well.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts