Best of: February '16


Before getting on with my favs of the month, Happy Leap Day, everybody!

February was the month of love - for me, it was the month of Mark Darcy, and a lot of rain! (Let's get on to that later...).

I will always say this as a month comes to an end, but holy macaroni, how did the second month of the year fly by so fast?! I'm not too keen on time flying so fast right now. This sounds way cliched, but I really wish time would slow down so I could cherish time with my loved ones just a bit longer. I mean, I guess it's inevitable in life for you to move out of your parent's house and head to college, but I seriously feel I won't survive that. I still feel like I'm 13 years old, so we'll have to see what's gonna happen in the future, ey? Hoping for the best.

The month of February was fine for me. Like any other month before "that time of the month" came, I was feeling very emotional and down about my life, but all is right in the world after that!

Now let's get on with what I loved this past month! Gonna be a lengthy one, so grab a cuppa. 


TV Shows:

Totally Spies: 
Anyone else watched this when they were little? Takes me back to those elementary days where nothing concerned me and getting to sleep at 8 PM was the right thing to do to keep my parents happy. The first season is now on Netflix so of course I binged the hell out of it as soon as it came out. I love Sam the most, what about you? 

Sherlock: 
Where have I been for the past six years?! Completely obsessed with this series. I really don't get why we have to wait two years for a new season to be released. I'm starting the third series tonight and I've only just started watching this a week ago, I'm obsessed, people! Sherlock is just so British (in a good way) and I friggin' love him. He's super smart in a way that scares me and his humor is again, so British! Which I love. Now I understand why everyone's crazy over Benedict Cumberbatch. His acting is brilliant! I'm in awe of him, really. My dad calls him Benedict "Cumbersome" which I think describes Sherlock perfectly. Ha! Btw, how crazy is it that we have to wait a year for the next series to come out? God help me in this long ass hiatus!

Young and Hungry: 
I started watching this when the show started but decided to stop when I didn't the humor funny. So anyways, a few days ago, an episode from the second season was playing and decided to watch it for a while. I was laughing my ass off, so I then headed to Netflix and watched the first season! Gabi and Josh all the way, okay? 

Movies:

Bridget Jones' Diary: 
I kid you not, I've watched this movie seven times now. It all started the day before CNY when my cousin and I were bored out of our minds, not knowing what to do on that rainy Sunday evening. I clicked this on Netflix and at first I was like, eh, I don't understand why people were raving about this. But now, I do. Cause I watched the second movie a week after that, and the next day, I watched this one again. The cycle then began of me re-watching this over and over again because of... Mark Darcy. CAN I PLEASE HAVE A MR. DARCY OF MY OWN, PLEASE?! Seriously though. My first impression of him was "eh, so stiff and not attractive", but after Daniel Cleaver became a huge D-bag and found out why Mark acted like that, I just fell in love with him right then and there. Only Mark Darcy would wear a Reindeer jumper to a Turkey Curry Buffet; only he would compliment your blue soup and gosh don't get me started on the "I like you very much, just as you are" speech. What I'm saying is, you should go watch the movie and I guarantee you that you'll love the last 42 minutes of the movie the most because I sure did! Forever dreaming that I'll have a Mark Darcy of my own one day!

Bridget Jones' The Edge of Reason: 
I liked it, but I didn't love it as much as the first movie. Bridget is as always hilarious, and watching this made me realize how much I want Bridget's confidence and... quirkiness. Btw, did I say that Daniel Cleaver's a huge A-hole? I absolutely hate him! Btw, Mark is as swoon-worthy as he was in the first movie. That I miss you text scene between Bridget and Mark gets to me every time. <3

Deadpool: 
Very funny and violent. If violence ain't your thang, then I suggest you don't watch this. I was quite surprised that the movie was super graphic, but Deadpool really changed the face of "superheroes" in movies. I couldn't picture Ryan Reynolds as another superhero because he was horrible in Green Lantern, but he was a great Deadpool and that's all that matters! Going off topic, but how cute is he and Blake?!

The Imitation Game:
This movie was what made me want to watch Sherlock. Benedict's acting is phenomenal. Why I always seem to watch hit movies/TV shows a year or two late, we will never know. I really liked this movie because not only are you watching a movie, but you're also learning something amazing that was kept a secret for over 70 years. I feel a deep sympathy for Alan Turning, pretty sad to see that despite his accomplishments in life, he wasn't recognized for it when he lived and instead was arrested for his sexuality and took his own life.

You've Got Mail: 
Valentine's Day was a crap day for me, thank God that this was on the telly! Despite it being a classic, I've never watched it before and gosh was it super duper cute! I love me some romcoms. They're the best thing, ever! Pretty weird that the movie was released the year I was born though, hmm.

Songs: 

James Bay: 
Again, I'm late to the game, but holy macaroni! His songs are awesome. And btw, his guitar skills is just amazing! Can James and Ed make a collab please?! Here are my favorite songs from him: Let It Go, Move Together, Incomplete. 

Dreamsome by Shelby Lynne:
One of the two songs from Bridget Jones's Diary that I just had to download to my library. This song was played during my favorite scene between Mark and Bridget. Just ya know, Mark casually whisking an egg or two while Bridget stirs tuna. Oh, and this is also the scene where they made lovely dovey eyes to each other in front of Bridget's friends! GAHHH, the feels. 

Someone Like You by Van Morrison: 
Another Bridget Jones related song. This particular song was played during Mark's "I like you just as you are" speech, and let me tell you this, I've gotta stop listening to this on a regular basis because I can't stop imagining what it would feel like to have a guy say that to me! It's rare these days for guys to like you just as you are, right? If only Mark Darcy really existed. *sigh*

Pillowtalk by ZAYN: 
I was a bit apprehensive to listen to Zayn's new song. I felt that if I listened to it and liked it, I was betraying the other boys. But you know, you can't help but like a song and I liked this one. I played it on repeat about two weeks ago, but now I've gotten a bit bored by it. It's one of those songs where you play on repeat for a few days straight and then forget about it by the next week. Sorry, Zayn! 

Moments: 


CNY Party: 
To be honest with you, I'm not the party type of gal. With and without alcohol. I made an exception for this one though, cause it was Chinese New Year and I got to add a few $$$ to my savings. Jk! It was pretty awesome. My cousin and I just roamed around the ballroom and, eat, but it was one of those things where I enjoyed something that I'm sure I wouldn't, but I did like it. You can say in a way, that going to this party was me getting out of my comfort zone. Because Ashley and socializing does not mix well, people! 


Lunch at the Grill: 
There's nothing better than BBQ's. And this is my favorite spot here in Jakarta. I've been going to this restaurant ever since I was a little girl, but we don't go as often as we did because the traffic in that area is just plain horrible. The service is great and the meat is even better. Quite pricy, but very satisfying in the end. Don't worry! We cooked the meat, we didn't eat it raw, obvs. :P


Lunch at Chung Gi Wa: 
Whoa there, Ash, how many times did you eat BBQ this month?! This is the last one, I promise. My uncle was in town, so we decided to go all out and eat Korean BBQ. I think why I'm putting this to my favorite moments is because that moment I was feeling crap because it was almost that time of the month, but food made up for it and I was wearing my favorite dachshund sweater. Plus, I got to watch Deadpool afterwards! Bonus! 

I'm very excited for March! I don't know what it is about the month, but I've always loved it and I'm going away to Bangkok for a couple of days next week and I'm so excited! Plus, there's Easter intact to the month, so nothing better. Cheers to a great month! 

Well, those all my favorites of the month. This is Ashley reporting for duty, over and out! 

Much love, Ashley xx 

                                           INSTAGRAM / TWITTER / BLOGLOVIN 









Comments

  1. I can't believe how quickly this month has flown, either! Great round up. I definitely want to see Deadpool! I did not expect it to get such great reviews as it has gotten!

    BlondieInTheCity.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right?! I feel like it's still January or something. You should go if you don't mind a bit of blood hahah. x

      Delete
  2. I loved Deadpool, so funny! Also your food looked delicious! Thanks for sharing your best moments!

    xo
    http://thepinkporcelaindoll.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHAHA, yes! I especially loved the scene where he had the body of a man but a hand of a baby! Lol. Thank you, Carina, glad that you enjoyed reading this post. :)

      Delete
  3. Happy Leap day doll, lovely pictures you have in this post. x

    http://thelondonthing.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh yes. Time is flying so fast, it's unbelievable!
    Can't wait to see what will happen in march!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Time is flying like the wind, really! Yes, let's hope it'll be an awesome month. x

      Delete
  5. great post ! :)
    please follow my blog : YOUNG BLOG

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't believe how fast this month went by either. You've got mail is one of my all time favorite movies!

    www.citybelleblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's crazy! So sad that we have to wait another four years for a leap day to come around! It's a classic and I love the humor and romance. <3

      Delete
  7. This month just disappeared. Love your favorite moments, will have to look into some of those movies! xo

    www.aimeroseblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know!!! How is it March already?! Next thing we know, it's already June, hahaha. Yes! Go and watch some of em' and tell me if you like them or not! Thank you x

      Delete
  8. You and I have so much in common hahah! Ever since watching the Sherlock Abominable bride ep, I've been obsessed! And I'm also late in listening to James Bay too! x

    TOUCHOFGUCCI // BLOGLOVIN

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to know someone else is obsessed with the same things I'm obsessed to! Xx

      Delete
  9. Great photos! Love your favorite moments :)

    Best Michaela

    ReplyDelete
  10. TOTALLY SPIES! Man, that was my childhood. Badass ladies fighting crime and looking cute. Yup, my kind of show.

    It looks like you had a wonderful February. I hope you have a wonderful March! <3

    xx Bash | H E Y   B A S H | bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! They have it on Nickelodeon now, so you know where I'll be at 2:30 PM on weekdays hahaha. I thankfully did, thank you, hope you have a wonderful March as well. x

      Delete
  11. Great post...thanks a lot for sharing...loving your photos too :)

    http://www.fashionpumpkin.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a nice post!
    .
    Bonjour from FRANCE, Sand.
    .
    www.taimemode-fashionblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for the great roundup. I heard a lot about Sherlock but haven't watched it myself yet, I'm adding that to my list of must watch.

    www.thesundaymode.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad that you enjoyed it! You have to watch, you'll be hooked! x

      Delete
  14. Love your picks, Sherlock is such a good show! And Bridget Jones' Diary is literally my favourite rom com ever. Sounds like a fab month xo britishmermaid.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Cara! Ugh, I know. They're both SO GOOD! Tempted to watch Bridget Jones' Diary again hahaha. x

      Delete
  15. Beautiful post... great blog!
    http://newyorkparigimilano.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks like you have been eating some amazing meals and watching some great films! Still haven't seen Deadpool yet but I really want to and yes it is insane how fast the months seem to fly by!

    Rae | Love from Berlin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha yeah! I ate and watched quited a lot of things last month. Crazy how time's flying by!

      Delete
  17. Looks like you had an amazing month! Food looks so delicious!
    Xoxo,
    Love from www.trangscorner.com {a lifestyle, fashion, beauty, and food blog}

    ReplyDelete
  18. Whenever I am bored, I watch Young and Hungry. It is funny and makes me laugh, oh Gabby! I hope you will have a great month! x

    Ela BellaWorld

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's one of those shows that makes me feel better! She's hilarious, isn't she?! Thank you. x

      Delete
  19. Lovely post. It’s nice to round up things in a way like this. I think it helps you remember the best parts a little better. That food looks amazing btw!

    TFM BLOG

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, lovely! Yeah, it's a great way to document what you loved over the past year or so. Hahaha, yeah they do! I'm getting a little hungry looking at it.

      Delete
  20. Ooo, you've definitely seen some great movies. I'll have to revisit some of em' on my downtime! It's always so nice to review a month like this!

    Stephanie ● Sartorial Diner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! Yeah, I watched tons of movies last month. Go go go! Thank you :)

      Delete
  21. Completely in love with Sherlock! All the food looks so yummy! :)

    Maireem | My Fair Autumn | Instagram | Twitter | Snapchat: myfairautumn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just finished watching the Special Episode last night and now I seriously can't wait for 2017 to come!!! Thank you, Maireem! x

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts