Liebster Award5:35 PM
About a week ago, I was tagged by Sally from Diagon Sally to do the Liebster Award. I'm still a blogger newbie, so I was quite surprised that things like this existed! What a great way for new bloggers to be discovered and thank you, thank you so much Sally for tagging me! Means a lot to me. :)
Here are some rules relating to the Liebster Award:
1. Thank the person who nominated you and post a link to their blog in your post.
2. Show the award in your blog or in your post.
3. Answer the 11 questions asked by the person who nominated you.
4. Write 11 random facts about yourself.
5. Nominate 5-11 bloggers that you feel deserve the award.
6. Create a list of new questions for your nominees to answer.
7. Once your blog is published, let your nominees know that they have been nominated & link them to your post for more details.
Let's get on with the questions!
1. What song/album do you currently have on repeat?
No particular album, but I've been loving Zayn's 'Pillowtalk', The Paper Kites' 'Tin Lover' and anything by Adele really. I hit pause on Adele's album for quite a while at the end of January, but I've gotten myself back into it! My favorites from her album are 'When We Were Young' and 'Love in the Dark'.
2. What are you wearing right now?
Blue PJ's! I always wear my PJ's whenever I'm at home, to be honest. I was lectured by my dad since I was little that as soon "as you get home after going out you better change!" and it has stuck with me ever since!
3. If you could wear one make up brand, what would that brand be?
Gonna be honest with you guys, aside from lipsticks, I don't use make up at all on my face. I usually just put concealer when I feel spotty, but that's it. So, if I could wear one lipstick brand for the rest of my life... it'll definitely be NYX. It stays on your lips for decades and gosh does it smell good!
4. What was the last dream you remember?
This dream I remember clearly because Niall Horan starred in it. A week or two ago, I was scrolling through Twitter and found that Niall was in Bali. He was just two hours away from me by plane and I was so bummed out that I wouldn't be able to meet him, because he's so close, yet so far! So anyways, that night I dreamt that I was in an airport and after going through immigration, Niall was just there and I got to sing in front of him. He was impressed by my voice and I remember that I felt so happy that I was in close proximity to NIALL HORAN. Long story short, Niall suddenly turned into Lee Min Ho and oh boy was I shocked. It was a weird dream, really. But a memorable one!
5. What are you allergic to/dislike eating?
I'm allergic to peanuts, long story short, my lips get swollen and things gets nasty when I have an allergic reaction. I have a lot of dislike when it comes to food because I'm a picky eater. But what I seriously detest in food is when they're spicy. Even if there are only a few peppers sprinkled around, I have to drink tons of water after one swallow of said food. *sigh*
6. What is your dream job? Are you living it?
This is a tough one. I love writing and historical shiz. Blogging equals to writing, add a bonus of photography attached to it and I'm a happy girl. I don't know if I see myself as a full-time blogger in the near future, but if the opportunity is given to me, I would gladly accept it. Another dream job of mine would have to be something relating to history. Specifically European history. I wanna try and be a researcher, but I don't know if that'll work out for me or not. I'm not living it yet, because I'm still at the ripe age of 17. (Seriously wished I was 22/23 right now, heh).
7. Where would you like to travel next?
There's too many to list! But here are some of the places that've been in my bucket list for the past year or two: Maldives, Poland (visit the Auschwitz Birkenau), Berlin (Holocaust Memorial), South Korea and many other European countries because I love their architecture.
8. What's your current favorite perfume?
Easy one. Replica's 'Lazy Sunday Morning'. Read about that post here.
9. Are you an Apple/Samsung/Nokia etc?
Apple all the way!
10. What book are you currently reading?
Not reading anything at the moment. Last month, I was reading like crazy but after a lot of late night reading, I had eye fatigue. Currently taking a break from it, sadly. :(
11. What are you watching on Netflix/Youtube?
I started watching Reign last month and am completely in love with it! Also, Totally Spies is on Netflix so I've been watching the first season every two days when I feel bored and need a boost of Clover in my life! As for Youtube, the usual Brits Youtubers. I've been loving Alix from I Covet Thee a lot these past few weeks though! Her videos is so calming.
12. Coffee or Tea? Cola or Pepsi? Chocolate or Strawberry?
Tea, all the way. I don't like sodas, so none of the above. Strawberry, definitely.
13. What do you look for in a person?
Just be honest. I've been burnt by the closest people in my life with lies and if I was making a new friend/or *coughs* maybe a boyfriend, no lies, please.
14. How has blogging changed you as a person?
I've only been blogging for four months now, so I don't really know if it has changed me as a person or not. One thing I know is that I love the blogging community! Everyone's so friendly and that is just what I need in my life right now.
15. Are you a listener talker? Introvert or Extrovert?
Depends on the situation. When I feel like I have a lot inside my head that needs to be said out loud, I 'm the talker, and I can talk for days! But I also love to stay silent and listen to whatever the person conversing with me has shared. No surprise here, but I'm 100% introverted. I wasn't an introvert when I was 11 years old, but life happens and I always prefer my time alone than spending it with a bunch of people all at once. Once you get to know me well though, I can talk 24/7 I kid you not.
I nominate you guys!
Here are the questions for the nominees:
1. Who's your biggest inspiration in life?
2. Who are your favorite bloggers?
3. What would you order when you're in a Japanese restaurant?
4. What song have you been jamming to these past couple of weeks?
5. What movie do you watch when you're feeling low?
6. Favorite fictional character?
7. Favorite song from Adele's new album '25'?
8. If you moved to another country, where would it be and why?
9. Any fun plans planned for this summer?
10. What TV shows are you watching at the moment?
11. Favorite store to shop in?
Once, again, thank you Sally for nominating me for this award! You have no idea how much it means to me. x
Much love, Ashley xx
INSTAGRAM / TWITTER / BLOGLOVIN