Liebster Award

via www.strawmarysmith.com

About a week ago, I was tagged by Sally from Diagon Sally to do the Liebster Award. I'm still a blogger newbie, so I was quite surprised that things like this existed! What a great way for new bloggers to be discovered and thank you, thank you so much Sally for tagging me! Means a lot to me. :)

Here are some rules relating to the Liebster Award:

1. Thank the person who nominated you and post a link to their blog in your post.
2. Show the award in your blog or in your post.
3. Answer the 11 questions asked by the person who nominated you.
4. Write 11 random facts about yourself.
5. Nominate 5-11 bloggers that you feel deserve the award.
6. Create a list of new questions for your nominees to answer.
7. Once your blog is published, let your nominees know that they have been nominated & link them to your post for more details.

Let's get on with the questions! 

1. What song/album do you currently have on repeat? 

No particular album, but I've been loving Zayn's 'Pillowtalk', The Paper Kites' 'Tin Lover' and anything by Adele really. I hit pause on Adele's album for quite a while at the end of January, but I've gotten myself back into it! My favorites from her album are 'When We Were Young' and 'Love in the Dark'.

2. What are you wearing right now? 

Blue PJ's! I always wear my PJ's whenever I'm at home, to be honest. I was lectured by my dad since I was little that as soon "as you get home after going out you better change!" and it has stuck with me ever since!

3. If you could wear one make up brand, what would that brand be? 

Gonna be honest with you guys, aside from lipsticks, I don't use make up at all on my face. I usually just put concealer when I feel spotty, but that's it. So, if I could wear one lipstick brand for the rest of my life... it'll definitely be NYX. It stays on your lips for decades and gosh does it smell good!

4. What was the last dream you remember? 

This dream I remember clearly because Niall Horan starred in it. A week or two ago, I was scrolling through Twitter and found that Niall was in Bali. He was just two hours away from me by plane and I was so bummed out that I wouldn't be able to meet him, because he's so close, yet so far! So anyways, that night I dreamt that I was in an airport and after going through immigration, Niall was just there and I got to sing in front of him. He was impressed by my voice and I remember that I felt so happy that I was in close proximity to NIALL HORAN. Long story short, Niall suddenly turned into Lee Min Ho and oh boy was I shocked. It was a weird dream, really. But a memorable one!

5. What are you allergic to/dislike eating?

I'm allergic to peanuts, long story short, my lips get swollen and things gets nasty when I have an allergic reaction. I have a lot of dislike when it comes to food because I'm a picky eater. But what I seriously detest in food is when they're spicy. Even if there are only a few peppers sprinkled around, I have to drink tons of water after one swallow of said food. *sigh*

6. What is your dream job? Are you living it?

This is a tough one. I love writing and historical shiz. Blogging equals to writing, add a bonus of photography attached to it and I'm a happy girl. I don't know if I see myself as a full-time blogger in the near future, but if the opportunity is given to me, I would gladly accept it. Another dream job of mine would have to be something relating to history. Specifically European history. I wanna try and be a researcher, but I don't know if that'll work out for me or not. I'm not living it yet, because I'm still at the ripe age of 17. (Seriously wished I was 22/23 right now, heh).

7. Where would you like to travel next? 

There's too many to list! But here are some of the places that've been in my bucket list for the past year or two: Maldives, Poland (visit the Auschwitz Birkenau), Berlin (Holocaust Memorial), South Korea and many other European countries because I love their architecture.

8. What's your current favorite perfume? 

Easy one. Replica's 'Lazy Sunday Morning'. Read about that post here.

9. Are you an Apple/Samsung/Nokia etc?

Apple all the way!

10. What book are you currently reading?

Not reading anything at the moment. Last month, I was reading like crazy but after a lot of late night reading, I had eye fatigue. Currently taking a break from it, sadly. :(

11. What are you watching on Netflix/Youtube?

I started watching Reign last month and am completely in love with it! Also, Totally Spies is on Netflix so I've been watching the first season every two days when I feel bored and need a boost of Clover in my life! As for Youtube, the usual Brits Youtubers. I've been loving Alix from I Covet Thee a lot these past few weeks though! Her videos is so calming.

12. Coffee or Tea? Cola or Pepsi? Chocolate or Strawberry?

Tea, all the way. I don't like sodas, so none of the above. Strawberry, definitely.

13. What do you look for in a person? 

Just be honest. I've been burnt by the closest people in my life with lies and if I was making a new friend/or *coughs* maybe a boyfriend, no lies, please.

14. How has blogging changed you as a person? 

I've only been blogging for four months now, so I don't really know if it has changed me as a person or not. One thing I know is that I love the blogging community! Everyone's so friendly and that is just what I need in my life right now.

15. Are you a listener talker? Introvert or Extrovert?

Depends on the situation. When I feel like I have a lot inside my head that needs to be said out loud, I 'm the talker, and I can talk for days! But I also love to stay silent and listen to whatever the person conversing with me has shared. No surprise here, but I'm 100% introverted. I wasn't an introvert when I was 11 years old, but life happens and I always prefer my time alone than spending it with a bunch of people all at once. Once you get to know me well though, I can talk 24/7 I kid you not.

I nominate you guys! 

www.elizabethangelia.blogspot.com
www.atsunamatsui.com
www.anoushkaprobyn.biz
www.thelondonthing.co.uk
www.awholelotofserendipity.com

Here are the questions for the nominees: 

1. Who's your biggest inspiration in life?
2. Who are your favorite bloggers?
3. What would you order when you're in a Japanese restaurant?
4. What song have you been jamming to these past couple of weeks?
5. What movie do you watch when you're feeling low?
6. Favorite fictional character?
7. Favorite song from Adele's new album '25'?
8. If you moved to another country, where would it be and why?
9. Any fun plans planned for this summer?
10. What TV shows are you watching at the moment?
11. Favorite store to shop in?

Once, again, thank you Sally for nominating me for this award! You have no idea how much it means to me. x 

Much love, Ashley xx

                                              INSTAGRAM / TWITTER / BLOGLOVIN








Comments

  1. Ahhhhh yay, I LOVED reading your answers! Thank you so much for answering my questions Ashley. I'm sitting here in my pyjamas too! I didn't know you'd only been blogging for four months, that's amazing!

    Sally ~ DiagonSally

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh thank you, Sally!!!! You're welcome, it's a pleasure to have been tagged to do this award! Hahahaha, there's nothing wrong with lounging around in PJ's on a Friday morning heheh :P yeah, it felt way longer but i'm just four months in, wow!

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on your award. It's nice to get to know you a little bit better. I love lipstick as well. :]

    // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Carmen! x hahah glad that you know me a little better now!

      Delete
  3. Love reading tags like these! I've gotten to know you a bit more now hehe x

    TOUCHOFGUCCI // BLOGLOVIN

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's nice to get to know you more Ashley! Love this post! I did this tag before but don't mind doing it again.Thank you!


     Miriam ♥ A whole lot of serendipity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks, Miriam! It's great to know that people are knowing me a little bit better now. Sorry, I didn't know that! It's fine if you're not into doing it again though, not pressuring you to. :)

      Delete
  5. Congrats! And reading this was so fun xx

    Love,
    Hannie Arden from <a href="http://www.missingwanderer.org”>missingwanderer.org</a>.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Hannie! Glad that you find this enjoyable to read. :D

      Delete
  6. I really enjoyed reading your answers. I also am loving "The Paper Kites", they are really great! Hope you have a wonderful day.:)

    X, Ruth Sarai
    http://stuck-in-rewind.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ruth! They're amazing and the melody of their songs always makes me feel melancholy but content at the same time somehow hahaha. Hope you do too x

      Delete
  7. What a great post!
    http://silkypearl.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like this tag! Amazing post :3

    Ana ♥
    http://aruivablog.blogspot.pt/ N/POST

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nie post!! ;)

    http://cristinamartinezmakeup.com/best-beauty-looks-from-nyfw/

    Kisses, C.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations :) I love blogging community and how supportive they are!

    Ela BellaWorld

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loved to find your blog and to know some little details about you! Sometimes and behind the computer we forget that bloggers are also persons! Best regards from BCN :)

    Pablo
    www.fungiexpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Spent the New Year in Berlin, believe me, you have to go there!!
    Beataba.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Liebster Award?! This is AMAZING! I love this kind of post because I feel like I literally get to know many bloggers in person :) And South Korea!! Hope you'll get to visit here someday, and I've been wanting to travel to Poland for so long!This post was the loveliest thing Ashley xx

    Kaylee | JK's Dawn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I find it so fun that awards like this one makes the readers know the writer a little more better! I was planning to go to South Korea this spring but that ain't happening :( maybe in the future! Thank you so much, Kaylee xx

      Delete
  14. Congrats!

    xx. The Coastal Confidence
    http://the-coastalconfidence.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. You totally have what it takes to be a researcher. Always strive for your dreams. :]

    // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, THANK YOU, Carmen!!! Gonna give it more thought though xx

      Delete
  16. Love getting to read people's answers to questions, I'm always curious!

    Yousra | Mystic Tales

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahah it's pretty fun digging into other people's life once in a while, isn't it?!

      Delete
  17. LOVE the Liebster award! You got some cool answers too! glad to see other younger bloggers out there (I'm only 19) thanks for sharing!

    xx closetchronicle.blogpspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing to know other bloggers! Nice to meet you, Anika! Great to know that I have someone close to my age in the blogging world. :)

      Delete
  18. Congratulations for the award!!! What a fun read =)

    - Cielo
    Mermaid in Heels

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a fun read! It was great getting to learn more about you. I'm also an avid PJ wearer when I'm at home, haha.

    Stephanie ● Sartorial Diner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Stephanie! Ain't nobody got time wearing going out clothes in da house, right?! HAHAHA x

      Delete
  20. congratulations! how exciting =o)

    http://dreamofadventures.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow I remember Totally Spies, that really takes me back to my childhood, I used to love watching it then and I'm definitely not opposed to re-watching it again nowadays. I also always wear my pyjamas when I'm at home, it's the first thing I do when I get in the door. Everything is so much more comfortable in pyjamas :)

    www.thesundaymode.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're amazing, right?! I was crushing on Sam when I was small and still am! Hahaha. Yeah, so true, everything's much more comfy when you're in your PJ's! x

      Delete
  22. This is amazing! Congratulations! I loved reading your answers as well as other Liebster nominees! It is cool to see how different everyone is!
    xx Annie
    http://www.somethingswellblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you so much, Annie! It's fun isn't it, getting to know other bloggers! x

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts