Lunch at a Crime Scene (Fo' Real Though)


Olivier, a Western restaurant located in Grand Indonesia has been a hit for the past month. Many people have visited the restaurant after a 20-year old woman's life was taken because cyanide was put into her coffee. What's worse was, the one who put the cyanide inside her coffee was her own friend. Now we're not 100% sure if the friend was the one who did it or not, but she is the main suspect of this whole case. She's currently being held in prison for further questioning, so all we can do now is wait and wait. 

When my mom and I arrived to meet up with my aunt and cousin, I was shocked to see that the restaurant was packed because it was a weekday. I guarantee you, half the people who were eating there were probably there because they were curious about the crime that happened in the restaurant. I was one of them.. Plus, the Vietnamese coffee that the victim drank is now a best seller, that's Indonesians for you!

Btw, the place we sat in was just two seats away from where the crime happened. Not gonna lie, it was quite scary and eery to sit down so close to where a murderer was.. 


Okay, enough of crime talk right now! Let's get on with the decor..

I fell in love instantly with the restaurant's decor. The only thing I didn't like about it was that the smoking room is inside instead of outside. So I was sweating a teeny tiny bit because I wore a long sleeved dress instead of a short sleeved one *sigh*.

The smoking room is gorgeous. I detest the smell of smoke, but while holding my breath for about a minute or so, I got to appreciate the frames on the wall that was located there. Also, how cool is that deer head?! I got to enjoy the plants hanging from the ceiling in the non-smoking room, though. It reminds me so much of a green house, lol.


Now on to the food.. 

I always say this, but I'm a creature of habit. So instead of trying out something new, I ordered Roasted Chicken with Mashed Potatoes and Ratatouille. I immediately ordered this as soon as my bum planted on the seat because I saw the word Ratatouille. I watched the movie last Sunday, so I thought it was meant to be. Who else is obsessed with the movie? I seriously love the way they made the Ratatouille. Looks so calming and delicious!

As for picture number two and three, that was what my aunt and mom ordered. My mom a Quesadilla and my aunt a Smoked Salmon.

The food was average to be honest. I enjoyed my mashed potatoes very much, but the chicken was well, a chicken. I would rate it 6/10.


Onto the pastries.. 

This I would definitely rate 10/10. Okay maybe now, because I only tried one of them, lol. 

I love croissants, and they have the best ones in town! Totally gonna try out the others. I just had to take a few snaps of the pastry section because they look oh so delicious. For real though, I was tempted to buy the Danish Nutella. Next time, I will. This time, I'm just gonna drown myself in croissants. <3 

Much love, Ashley xx

                                           INSTAGRAM / TWITTER / BLOGLOVIN  






Comments

  1. The decor of the restaurant is so amazing, and those chicken drumsticks are mouthwatering....

    www.elizabethangelia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's too bad about the food, it looks amazing in your photos! Just found your blog and I love it! Love how detailed this post was. I also run a travel and lifestyle blog :)
    Vanessa
    www.theretropenguin.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The vibe of the restaurant made up for it though :) thank you, Vanessa! I'll be checking out your blog now xx

      Delete
  3. don't know how i would feel about going into a place where happened a murder but the interior decorations and the food look so yummy!!!

    xx from Brighton
    Cate ღ kate/idoscope | youtube

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indonesians are weird that way. We're not scared of a murder, or anything really! Hahaha, all for the sake of posting it on social media. I know right?! The decor is way too beautiful.

      Delete
  4. my mouth watered . . . everything looked yummy!

    www.lifeisjustrosie.tv

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha hope you enjoyed drooling over pictures of food! :P

      Delete
  5. Oh my goodness what an eerie story! I am kind of a creep and I love stuff like this and haunted hotels etc. The place looks beautiful and the food looks delicious!
    xx Annie
    http://www.somethingswellblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha I know! I'm a sucker for mystery/CSI stuff too!

      Delete
  6. Interior is so fresh and looks great! All these food is mouthwatering, I am sure you enjoyed it :) Danish Nutella sounds tempting!

    Ela BellaWorld

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yesss :) I know, I wanted to buy the Danish Nutella so bad!!!

      Delete
  7. oh that looks so so tasty. seriously makes me super hungry right now
    www.thefashionfraction.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Omg the place is just so beautiful and the food looks amazing, it's made me want to have a second breakfast hahaha. Everthing looks fantastic!
    I hope you have a great day, beautiful xx

    Sel♥
    selenaponcestyle.blogspot.com.es

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lunch at a crime scene? Now that's on my bucket list. People may visit for the sake of nosiness of the crime but I think I'd visit just because the food looks amazing. Thank you for sharing, Ashley!

    May | THE MAYDEN | bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha, I was quite the nosy one when coming to the restaurant. Food was enjoyable too though! Thanks for stopping by, May! Have a lovely weekend :)

      Delete
  10. I was so intrigued by the story, so exciting! It's weird to think things like this happen in your everyday environment. The food looked AMAZING! I would have ordered the same I think, mash potato, chicken and ratatouille!

    Sally ~ DiagonSally

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exciting, but scary too! Everyone's been crazy about it. Now, we still don't know if the friend's guilty or not and I can't hardly wait to know who really did it! Hahaha, high five! :P

      Delete
  11. Aside from the delicious looking food, I love all the greenery :) -Maireem

    My Fair Autumn | Instagram

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, the greenery reminds me so much of Gardens by the Bay!

      Delete
  12. Amazing post dear, the food looks so delicious!
    Sophie♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow look amazing and so cozy :3 Love it.

    Ana ♥
    http://aruivablog.blogspot.pt/ N/POST

    ReplyDelete
  14. omg so delicious! i want too o:

    xx
    beauthi.blog@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very nice. I just wrote ’10 Truths Every Blogger Can Relate To’ and I would love it if you could check it out!
    Kisses xo | From Aliona With Love 

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Alright, I'll be checking it out real soon :)

      Delete
  16. Wow that sounds scary but interesting at the same time! The food looks amazing, but we're sad to hear that it was average

    M + K

    Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, exactly why many people went to the restaurant! Many food in restaurant these days is only good for its presentation sadly :(

      Delete
  17. Now I am hungry an it is 3_40 am in Mexico! :((( hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a creepy but amazing ambiance for a restaurant! Plus the food looks amazing!

    xx, Caitlin
    www.wandererandwolf.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Mouth watering. Everything looked yummy.

    Good vibes, Fox
    check out my latest Vlog
    -

    www.rochellefox.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  20. Interesting restaurant and the photos are incredible! I wanna try all of them!

    https://asparklingjourney.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow that was such an interesting crime story! I would've been exactly like you, coming out of curiosity about something so terrible that happened. I feel like it's sad but true that when really bad things happen at places like this, instead of it scaring off customers it would actually attract a bunch!

    www.thesundaymode.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Back in the days, people would've probably ran the other direction. But the people of our generation ain't like that! ;P

      Delete
  22. OMG! I want these food! So yummy! I'm in love)))

    Welcome to my fashion blog - http://www.tailerofstyle.com will glad to see you!))

    ReplyDelete
  23. That is so cool to have dined in a crime scene. Like, I would never have the courage to do so, but it's an incredible thought though! I always have a thing for detective stories (other than my go-to cheesy romance novels of course), so stuff like that really thrills me! Love your posts! You always have great stuff!! xx

    Chlariss | Silent Dances And Glasses

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's pretty cool isn't it?! Until now, the case hasn't been closed yet, it's still ongoing! Aw thanks so much, Chlariss. xx

      Delete
  24. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts