Grand Central Market // Café Dulce

  Unplanned plans are the best. When my sister mentioned a donut shop in Little Tokyo that had various flavors, I was in. Because, DONUTS!



DTLA

  The day was looking beautiful. And my sister drove us through this road that had a great view of DTLA, so of course I had to snap a picture it! After eating lunch in a Hawaiian restaurant nearby, we walked for quite a while and headed to Little Tokyo.


BACON. DONUTS. 



  When I walked into Café Dulce, I almost fainted. All different kinds of flavors of donuts were stacked in racks and I couldn't help but drool as I first laid my eyes on it. Now one thing about me you guys should know is that I'm not adventurous when it comes to food. I don't try new stuff whenever I go to restaurants because I'm a creature of habit.
  So although there were a lot of different donut flavors, I stuck to the one that I know I would like. And that was the fruity pebbles donut hole. It's hands down, the best donut I've ever eaten in my whole entire life. The flavor was sweet and rich at the same time. With whipped cream beneath the fruity pebbles, the taste was orgasmic.
  Yes, the café is famous for its donuts, other than that, you can order sandwiches, salads.etc. The café also has different variations of coffee. A great place to catch up with a friend!

Grand Centrsl Market 

Look at all that cheese!
   After spending time in Little Tokyo, we headed out to Santa Monica. We only stayed there for a while because I didn't find anything special to buy, so we headed out back to DTLA and my sister took my mom and I to Grand Central Market. There are a lot of vendors there, but because we came quite late (around 5ish), most of it were already closed.
  Luckily, the ice cream stand was still open! McConnell's has a lot of flavors that you won't normally find in other ice cream shops (Churros Con Leche, Eureka Lemon & Marionberries, Sea Salt Scream & Cookies). If you're interested about their flavors, check them out here.


sorta missing my long hair...


  I actually sorta forgot what I ordered, but I'm pretty sure it was the Sweet Cream one. All I know is that I friggin' loved it! It was so smooth and the taste was sweet but not overly sweet that it'd make me feel nauseous. Many people were lining up at McConnell's and I must say, it was worth the wait! Another famous spot in Grand Central Market is Eggslut. I haven't tried that yet, so hopefully I will in the future!

Much love, Ashley xx

Comments

  1. ooch its look yoummy ! :)
    please follow my blog : THE COLORFUL THOUGHTS

    ReplyDelete
  2. These desserts look to die for! So jealous, would love to go back to LA sometime soon :)
    Feel free to check out our latest post x
    LOOK LOVE WEAR

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are! You should definitely go and check it out if you go to LA, because it's so worth it :)

      Delete
  3. AAA this is so fun to read, and the doughnuts just made me hungry, thanks for sharing. Do you want to support each others blog by following each other? Please let me know so I can follow you right back:)

    xoxo
    www.theclosetelf.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) yes sure, I'm okay with that! x

      Delete
    2. Hai thanks for the reply:) Where can I follow you? I've followed you through instagram

      Delete
  4. This place looks like a dream, what fun and fantastic donut flavours
    Not too sure I would be brave enough to try them though!
    Being spontaneous is always worth it, especially when it comes to tasty treats

    What Raj Wants

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you. As I saw it, I was drooling but I'm not brave enough to try it all!

      Delete
  5. I completely agree, spontaneous outings are the best! Those doughnuts look absolutely scrumptious!
    MyLittleOnlineSpace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha yes :) they do! Wishing I was eating one right now...

      Delete
  6. This made me so hungry reading this; these pictures are incredible (I bet the doughnuts were too!)
    Also, I really love your blog name x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah that looks lovely. Especially all the yummy food :)

    Love, Kerstin
    http://www.missgetaway.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. i've always wanted to go somewhere like this, looks so good!

    danielle | avec danielle

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great post, this looks amazing! x

    www.thestylishcupcake.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great location and photograph :)
    I invite
    mycrazyworldpaula.blogspot.com
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just wait until you have Eggslut!! You'll go crazy :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah!!! Can't wait til' I go to LA :) but I've heard that the line is absolutely crazy!

      Delete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts