Fancy-ing It Up at Home


I love Afternoon Tea. And it's no surprise that sometimes I have them at my house on my own. Not only does it cost less, but you can purchase a tea set that would last for a very long time.

This time though, I've done it a tad bit differently. Instead of the usual British afternoon tea set with scones and sandwiches, I ate Indonesian pastries instead. Some of them didn't mix well with tea, but that's alright, because you can eat them separately if you want to.



I am so in love with the tea set! I was lucky enough to get it as a late birthday present from my mom's relative. The brand of the set is by Royal Albert, and I've been eyeing it up for so long that I was super duper giddy when I got my hands on it. The quality of the teacup is amazing. I especially love the color and the intricate details on the cup.

I've been posting so much about relaxation lately, but I thought it was fitting since the colder weather has come. And I don't know about you, but when winter comes (rainy season here in Indonesia), I would rather stay at home than go out of the house.

A closer look at Indonesian pastries
Not gonna lie, I don't know the name of every single pasty that I put on the set. One that I know well though, is the white one. It's called lemper and it taste delicious. It's basically sticky rice outside, and the inside is chicken. Quite simple, but the taste is amazing! My dog loves it as well.



I love photography, so it was quite fun to indulge in tea and pastries while taking snaps of it. Took me quite a while to get a great pictures of it all, but it worked out fine in the end. I think the most important thing for photography is the lighting and angle. That's my own opinion though. But it also depends what camera you're using.

Sorry that this was quite a short post! I've been super busy today. I'm flying out to Malaysia tomorrow and am supposed to do some other stuff today. Well adios, people! I should probably pack right now, but I've been reading other people's blogposts for hours now. (Ha!). Also if you'd like, follow me on Bloglovin here. I'd be happy if you do! :)

Much love, Ashley xx


Comments

  1. glad you like Indonesian snacks! hahaha lemper is indeed delish. did you like that egg rolls, which is the ones with the green chili sticking out of it? that's my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehehe! Sadly, I don't, because I don't really like eggs that much!

      Delete
  2. Wow this looks amazing, I love it!

    www.thestylishcupcake.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looove it! Nice style and the food looks so good ♥

    summerdaisy.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoy tea anytime of the day, but afternoon tea feels really relaxing.

    Linda, Libra, Loca: Beauty, Baby and Backpacking

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have such beautiful home decor - I'm a big fan! xx, adaatude.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice !

    http://www.fruityandpassion.com/2015/11/winter-weeding-inspirations-menedition.html#more

    ReplyDelete
  7. This tea set is truly delightful! And I love that you're mixing up the British pastime xx

    VanessaVonJames | Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much! I'll follow you on Bloglovin :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a lovely idea! It'd be great to have friends and family around for this too! x

    TOUCHOFGUCCI // BLOGLOVIN

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg yes! Or a couple of your friends too! Thanks for the idea :) x

      Delete
  10. Love those tea cups! Snack looks yummy!
    Xoxo,
    Love from www.trangscorner.com {a lifestyle, fashion, beauty, and food blog}

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice post <3 The food looks delicious

    xx
    beauthi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. this post is sooo cute! I love afternoon tea :-) the pictures are amazing♥
    xx
    Selina | Selinas Inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  13. this looks so good :) xo

    www.aimeroseblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. what a lovely little spread, it looks so great!

    Hannah at HNNHVNBLS

    ReplyDelete
  15. These photos make me want to be there too, so nice!

    http://fashionradi.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. I want to come over to your house for afternoon tea. Looks like a delightful experience. :]

    // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
  17. Those tea cups are really fancy! I love it.
    Xo, Christianne
    Http://simplychristianne.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. That looks so relaxing (: love the cups!
    Nati xx
    www.simplyartdicted.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. How cute!! I love tea sets and afternoon tea. The whole setup on the tiered plates just does me in every time!

    Heba xx || The HebaBloglovinInstagram

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Back at you, girl! I'm exactly the same as you when it comes to High Tea sets :P

      Delete
  20. lovely photos!the treats look yummy :)

    http://maariemarie.blogspot.com.ee/

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love those cups!

    www.lamattenoir.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous pictures, love how you arranged the food!
    Fashion Soup

    ReplyDelete
  23. The dainty cups and food arrangements are so lovely! You should have a cafe and collect all the vintage teapots, I would definitely visit because I have never tried some of those snacks :D they look really interesting and delicious! xx

    elizabeth | ”Ice Cream” whispers Clara | follow for follow on bloglovin or instagram :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for saying that! Hahahha, maybe in the future I'll open a cafe of my own :) thanks for the suggestion lovely x

      Delete
  24. This all looks so yummy! The pictures are so well taken!
    Xoxo
    Annie
    http://www.somethingswellblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  25. Lovely pictures ! Me too I shall do more tea party at home the last one was like around 2 years ago.

    http://allornothing-blog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a sign that you should hold a afternoon tea party at your house! (Hehehe)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts