Best of: November '16


My oh my, how is it December already?! Absolutely mindboggled that November flew in haste. Oh wow, what a month it was. The first few weeks were a bit frustrating, specifically in world politics because ugh, how is Trump the next president of the United States? I'm still in denial about it until now, and I'm seriously scared of what the future holds for the country and for the world, really. There are lots of messed up things happening around the world lately, so I guess we'll have to see what'll happen. Let's hope for the best!

Other than that, November was a fun month for moi despite the massive rains we had where I live. I somehow managed to get myself a member card for my local gym and a PT; honestly thought I would hate it, surprisingly I don't! I was also in Seoul just two weeks ago and it was honestly one of the best six days of my life. A trip that I'll never forget because honestly, I laughed a lot, ate a lot and walked a lot. Plus, the cold weather was just right for me!

Let's get on with my favs, shall we?! 💃🏻

〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️
✈️  Travel ✈️


Autumn in Seoul: A hastily planned trip that was so much fun. I could not put into words how in love I am with Seoul. From the second I touched down in Incheon, I just knew a part of me would be left there somehow. The sights, the food, the people, gah everything there is just bloody incredible! Mainly the food, of course. The amount of bulgogi I ate in a week is unbelievable. As I've never experienced Autumn before, it was great to have experienced it in a city that I've never been to before. It was absolutely freezing when we were there too, but I absolutely loved it! There's just something about layering that gives me warm fuzzy feelings inside of me. Hoping to come back soon.

〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️
📺  TV Shows 📺

Queening with The Crown: I've been waiting for so long for this series to come out. And I was so happy that it was on Netflix, because then, I don't have to wait yonks for the next episode to come out. I won't talk much about it as I did a whole post about it here. Yup, I'm that obsessed with the show that I wrote a whole post about it.

Descendants of the Sun: If you asked my friends or my relatives if I liked K-drama or anything K-related a few weeks ago, they would say, hell to the no. I was deeply against anything K-drama related things, because it wasn't my cup of tea. And after coming back to Korea, I realized that the guys there aren't so bad after all. So last weekend, as I was severely feeling the blues of coming back home, my cousin helped me out and streamed this series for me. I'm not done with the series yet, but so far I'm loving it. Holy heck, IS IT CHEESY. But still very sweet. Can someone please explain to me how Song Joong Ki is 31 years old?! He looks like a bloody teen to be honest. Eh, he's still very charming though. I love Kang Mo Yeon so much, her character is part sassy, part fierce, which is always a great combo in the female species. She's quite stiff as well, the complete opposite of Yoo-shi Jin, but ya know what they say, opposites attract. 😉

〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️
🎼 Songs 🎼

  • Miss You by Gabrielle Aplin - I love any song that's sung by her. The music video is pretty dang cool. 
  • The Crown Soundtrack by Hans Zimmer & Rupert Gregson Williams
  • On Hold by The xx
〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️
👯  Youtubers & Instagram Peeps 👯


Hannah Maggs: I'm a huge fan of The Michalaks, their vlogs are so raw and real and just, enjoyable really. So it's no surprise that I'm in love with Hannah's channel; my favorite videos of hers are probably the hauls she does with Gracie and her raw vlogs. I love how down to earth she is too, doesn't hurt that she's such a babe! 

Kathleen Lights: I've been following Kathleen for a while now and she is probably the only Youtuber that I could watch every single day, any video that she makes, I guarantee you I'll not skip it. She has a very cheerful personality that is just so addicting to watch and she's friggin' hilarious too, I bloody love her Kat Chats so much! 

Ken Lum Lee of seoul_stateofmind: Prior to my trip to Seoul, I had zero knowledge of Korea. I've heard some bits and bobs about it, but I wanted to know it in depth so I could be familiar with my surroundings when I was in two. I came across Ken's Instagram page a few days before our flight and I was glad that I did. He captures Seoul and other cities so beautifully and I knew from seeing his pictures that I would love Seoul. Go and peek in at his page, you won't regret it!
〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️
🍭  Food 🍭


I'm not gonna list out all the food I ate this past month, because there was a lot that I consumed. Ashamed that I ate so much right as I joined my local gym, but eh, when you're close to that time of the month, your mouth just won't stop chewin'. I drank a lot of hot chocolates whilst I was in Korea, mainly because to keep myself warm and the hot chocolates there are so good! Their cups are super duper cute too, way cuter than the Starbucks red cup. Can I just say how delicious that bulgogi looks?! I devoured that pan out (not on my own of course pssh!) as I was hungry like I've never been before.

That's all of my favorites in the month of November! Getting pretty excited for the festive season to roll through.

Much love, Ashley xx

Stay in touch with me!
instagram / twitter / bloglovin 


Comments

  1. I can't believe it's December! Absolutely loving these pics, your photography is on point!

    Anika | anikamay.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mindblowing isn't it?! Thank you so much, Anika. :) x

      Delete
  2. Love your blog. Wanna follow for follow?? :)

    https://ordinaryblondie9.blogspot.hr/2016/11/mirror-mirror-on-wall.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. I think almost every girl does that! So glad I'm not the only one. :P

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous photos & round up! Happy december to you x


    Hugs,
    Hannie from Missing Wanderer

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts