Best of: November '15

I usually don't like November. Probably because the month sounds so useless, making me wait another mont for Christmas. So it was quite surprising that I loved this month so much. Not only did I have so much fun with my friends and family, but I also got to travel twice to two cities that I haven't visited in a while.

Instead of going on and on about all the stuff I loved last month, I thought I'd just give you a rundown of moments that I loved in November. I'll only put a few pictures in this blogpost, mainly because all the moments that I loved last month was published in other blogposts (if that makes sense).


Travel

So, it's not a surprise that my travels to Semarang and Malaysia is listed here. Traveling for me is a therapeutical thing for me. While I do get anxiety the night before a flight, the minute I sit down on a plane, all of the anxiety and worries that roamed around my head the previous night would vanish. Yes, traveling is tiring, but to be able to escape your hometown and explore other cities and its culture is amazing.

Although I didn't stay long in both cities, I got to see a lot of stuff in a matter of days and that's what counts. Both trips were for family and friend purposes, so it was great to meet them after months/years of not seeing them.

All in all, traveling is great. I have a serious case of wanderlust this year, and even though I was just in Europe six months ago, I want to go back sooner than later. Probably because all the cities there is so photogenic and just beautiful. I find traveling so exhilarating and yes even though sometimes there'll be bumps and mistakes while you're traveling, I go past that and enjoy my time in a foreign city.

Blogposts: (here, here and here.)

Movies, TV Shows & Music: 


The Intern: What an amazing movie. It was funny, and heartbreaking at the same time. But don't worry, it had a great ending! The main characters of the movie are Robert DeNiro and Anne Hathway, and let me just say, their acting is marvelous! I watched at the beginning of the month, so not much people were inside the theater because it's been playing for a couple of weeks when I watched it. Basically, what happened was I laughed my ass off so loudly, that some of the people inside the theater were staring at me. No shame at all, because a good movie that makes you laugh is an awesome feeling. Highly recommend this! A lighthearted movie that got a tad bit sad near the ending. 

Homeland: Just a warning though, you have to wait ten months for the season premiere every single year. I have gone through this for three or four years now, and it is plain torture. Not only do they have the worst cliffhangers for every single season finale, but the wait is just too damn long! Nevertheless, waiting ten months every single year for the newest season is worth it. Their plotline gets more and more intriguing each year, Claire Danes' acting is incredible. I see why she've received a lot of awards for Homeland. Also, the show is quite gruesome, so if you're afraid of those kind of stuff, I think you should stay away from this one.

Bob's Burgers: Honestly been raving on about this show since last year. I was bored over the summer last year and binged watch this show and managed to catch up on the show in a matter of days. Slightly similar to The Simpsons. But because The Simpsons has over 20+ Seasons now, it's hard to catch up on, so I found an alternative show and friggin' love it. Let me just say that I'm a mix between Louise and Tina. A bit crazy, yet quiet at the same time. The humor, oh the humor! You will be peeing your pants off when you watch this. I guarantee it! (Available on Netflix).

Purpose by Justin Bieber: Bieber is back! And he has brought such great tracks. Not into the ones that are full of raps or that are a bit too Hip Hop-y. Aside from that, they're all amazing! Slightly different to the music that I usually listen to it, but you gotta love a bit of techno beats, right?! I especially love the lyrics in some of his songs, mainly the ones that described his life during his downfall. Really gives us people a perspective of life, and how anything is possible. He was beyond messed up the past three or four years, and by coming back to God, he's changed for the better. Love the message of that. {Favorite tracks: I'll Show You, What Do You Mean?, Sorry, Love Yourself, Company, The Feeling (feat. Halsey), Life is Worth Living, Purpose, Children, All In It, The Most).

Food



Mi Krop from White Elephant: So, so good! I don't usually eat Thai Food here in Jakarta, but on this particular day, I was out with my auntie and cousin after church and decided to get a bite to eat. On the rare occurrence that I do eat Mi Krop here, it didn't taste good. So I was quite surprised that I liked this one. It was crispy and sweet, which is basically the perfect Mi Krop. Not overly sweet, of course!

Moru Milk: Oh! How heavenly does that parfait look?! Not gonna lie, when my cousin said that they had a parfait, I thought she meant yogurt and granola, and I was never into that. But when I saw that the parfait consisted of ice cream, pudding and two selections of topping, I was all in. Not to mention, Taro ice cream! Never had that in my whole entire life, and it tasted heavenly. What I had was fruity pebbles, taro ice cream, bubblegum pudding and cornflakes. One thing that I didn't like about it was me picking cornflakes as a topping, didn't really mix well with the others.


Taro Donut from Dough.Nuts: Ordered this online because they had a lot of flavors, and decided to try their taro donut (can you see how much I love taro?!). I was quite hesitant, because I'm not adventurous when it comes to food, so I was surprised that I loved it. Looked pretty first of all, and the taste was phenomenal. When you bite into the center of the donut, taro will ooze out of it and it looked so heavenly.

Furry Friend's Birthday: 



If you know me well, then you probably know who Bella is. Had her when she was a year old, and now she's nine years old. Times flies by so fast. I still remember the day she arrived at my house. She was so small and skinny, basically you can see her bones through her fur. But now, she's gained a lot of weight and has been running around the house a lot these past couple of months.

I love her. I'm not ashamed to say that she's my best friend. When my friends cancel out on me or just neglect me, I have her by my side 24/7. Yes, she can't say anything that would comfort me. But she's there, and that's what matters. So, happy birthday, Bella. Love you to bits! 

Follow Bella's Instagram, here

So, what have you loved last month? Share it with me, I love seeing all your response! Thanks for stopping by! Means a lot to me. 

Much love, Ashley xx

                                           INSTAGRAM / TWITTER / BLOGLOVIN

























Comments

  1. Great roundup! Cute photos!
    xMC
    http://mc2squared.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Traveling pictures are always that best pics, thanks for sharing!
    have a look on

    www.ndudlagirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. all that food looks AMAZING!! :D

    Have a great day!
    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yesss! Craving for the parfait at the moment. You have a great day too! x

      Delete
  4. Beautiful photos! Yummy! Happy December!!
    Xoxo,
    Love from www.trangscorner.com {a lifestyle, fashion, beauty, and food blog}

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. Omg, thank you so much for saying that, Larissa! Means a lot to me :)

      Delete
  6. That donut looks so delicious and that doggie is so cute ♥

    summerdaisy.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so tasty! Aw, thank you so much! Bella appreciates that x

      Delete
  7. Really beautiful photos in this post :) I feel the same way about November though.. just is in the way of the holiday haha!

    emilylavenders.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks! Right? I feel like if there was no November, there would be more festivity. Because after halloween we would jump straight into Christmas :P

      Delete
  8. Beautiful photos, looks like you had a lovely November! Bella is such a cutie, she looks adorable in her birthday dress!

    www.elabellaworld.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Hope you had a lovely November as well x awww thank you for saying that about my furry friend :)

      Delete
  9. Gorgeous pictures and seems like a well spent month! xo

    www.aimeroseblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those photos are totally beautiful! ♥ I really enjoyed the article, too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely compilation of your November! xx, adaatude.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cutest dog and all the food looks delish! Still need to see the Intern, I've heard so much good things about it :) -Maireem

    My Fair Autumn | Instagram

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!! You should, seriously. Probably gonna be the best movie of the year for me!

      Delete
  13. It looks so beautiful!! Amazing pictures, It looks like you had a great time in November.
    Best Wishes for December!!
    london airport transfers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Hope you're having a wonderful December as well :)

      Delete
  14. Excellent photography and superb gallery represented !

    Marry Christmas All...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts