Best of: December '16



 Why hello there, 2017! Honestly can't believe that a new year has rolled in, once again. Despite the festive season that Christmas brings on December, I've had a shitty one in 2016. Last year's Christmas was probably the first time that I didn't feel Christmassy at all. Long story short, my grandpa got into the hospital on Christmas week and it was a very, very sad time for my family and I. He's still in the hospital now, thankfully feeling a lot better than he did two weeks ago, but I pray that he'll get through this illness soon so he could come back home with us all.

So yeah, December was a bit shitty for me and that's totally fine. That's life for ya. I guess, I'll be looking forward to something good this January, ey? Probably not. I'm not one of those optimistic peeps that gets so excited and chirpy for what's to come in the New Year. I guess I'll just be living this year day by day and hope for the best. Despite all the heartaches I went through in December, I did love loads of other things just to distract myself from the hardships I went through.

Without further ado, here's what I've been loving in December '16!
TV Shows:

The Legend of the Blue Sea: Whoops, I may have gotten excessively immersed with K-dramas last month. This is my first Lee Min Ho show that I've watched, and my oh my, I totally get why loads of people are in love with him. He's just so, charming! If you're in for a laugh and major swoon worthy scenes this January, I highly recommend this show! I managed to cry in one of the episodes too, so ya know it's a good un'. Oh and I have huge #girlcrush on Jun Ji-Hyun now, sorry not sorry. She's one funny lady! 

Shopping King Louie: A story about a rich guy who lost his memory and found himself homeless in Seoul. Then of course, he got himself a gal to traipse around with, who by the way is a newbie to the whole city life. Thankfully, they found enough money to find a place to sleep in the end. A very hilarious show once again and can I just say how in loooove I am with Seo In Guk?! Louis and his shopping ways, gah, he's hilarious. 

Movies:

Sing: Yeah, I'm 18 and I'm still into cartoons. But this one was sooo good! Reminded me a lot of Zootopia, except this one has a lot of singing and dancing in it. The message of the story is a good un' and one that I find rather inspiring for little kids who has watched this movie. Oh! And Taron Egerton's one of the main characters in this movie and I'm shocked that he can sing so well! 

Songs:

Warning: loads of throwbacks in your way! 



Family. Can't live without them, can't breathe without em'. As I said a million times in this post, the last month of 2016 was a very tough month for my family and I. I'm so thankful to have such a tight knit family in these kind situation. Doesn't hurt that I have tons of family members from my mom's side, and yes, while my cousins sometimes annoy me beyond words, their company is always appreciated in tough times like this one.

Sorry that this has been quite a short post, I've just been slightly uninspired by everything that I usually love. I abandoned writing and my camera for the majority of December because I just wasn't inspired at all. Nyeh, let's hope I won't feel as funky as I did last month! I hope you all had a lovely Christmas and New Year's! Praying for a much better year in 2017.

Much love, Ashley xx

Stay in touch with me!
instagram / twitter / bloglovin 




Comments

  1. Aaah Ashley, first of all - Happy New Year! I hope that 2017 brings you all the health, happiness and adventure. I also send my love to your family, it is so tough when someone so close to you gets poorly, although I am so glad he is making an improvement. Definitely need to check out those TV programs, need something good to entertain me on dark January evenings! Immy x

    www.immymay.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Immy! Happy New Year to you too. It's so nice to know that there are so many lovely people in the blogging world, you're one of em'. Oh yes, try and check them out if you like Korean dramas! x

      Delete
  2. Awww your family is beautiful and I love your little fur baby! I'm sorry to hear that the last month of 2016 was tough for your family and I hope everything is ok and will only get better this year sweetie! Thank you so much for sharing this with us! Happy New Year to you and your family!! Dominica from www.its-dominica.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you so much, Dominica! Thank you so much for the support, lovely. A very Happy New Year to you. x

      Delete
  3. Lovely !!!! Happy new year!!!

    http://sbr-fashion-fashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a cool take on the usual end of year blog posts. very refreshing. happy new year darling xo

    http://www.thewhimsicalwildling.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you liked it, Eloise. Happy New Year to you too! xx

      Delete
  5. Aw I hope your grandpa recovers soon! Happy 2017!

    Jen
    www.tnightwedream.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year lovely lady! I'm so, so sorry to hear that your grandad is poorly - but I'm so happy to hear that he's on the mend! :) Christmas really is about family time and I'm glad you got to spend it with loved ones!

    Hayley xo
    www.frockmeimfamous.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year, Hayley! And thank you so much for the lovely support you've wrote to me. So glad that I have a big family to take my mind off things. x

      Delete
  7. Looks like you had a great month!

    Xx,

    || FLOORTJELOVES ||

    www.floortjeloves.com
    www.bloglovin.com/blogs/floortjeloves-12198253

    ReplyDelete
  8. love this post!
    xx Tania
    tsarin.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. thanks for sharing all your favorites, great post dear!

    xx Melis
    http://fashionmews.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh no, I hope your Grandpa recovers soon, thinking of him!! Your picture immediately made me want to be back at Christmas time <3

    Elle
    www.theellenextdoor.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ellie! Hahaha, ain't that the truth, seriously wish I could go rewind to Christmastime in much better circumstances. x

      Delete
  11. These photos are the cutest! Looks like you had a great end of 2016!

    Xx,

    || FLOORTJELOVES ||

    www.floortjeloves.com
    www.bloglovin.com/blogs/floortjeloves-12198253

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like a wonderful december!

    Xx,

    || FLOORTJELOVES ||

    www.floortjeloves.com
    www.bloglovin.com/blogs/floortjeloves-12198253

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great post, the photos on your blog are so impressive! :) I really really need to watch Sing, and you have inspired to rent it! :P
    Love,
    Jenna <3
    Follow me back? The Chic Cupcake

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts