People in our generation are always busy, busy, busy. Especially in this day and age where social media revolves around their life 24/7. I'd like to point out that, yes, social media is addicting, but sometimes it's just great to be able to be technology-free and be one with nature. Not every single day, but try and make it a regular thing every week. I'm by no means doing it every single week as a walk around my neighborhood is a hard job to do (sweating and looking like a sack of tomato cheeks is not fun), but I'll make it a point to do it every now and then.
As of now, I'm still confused as what to do with my future. And that's fine. I think. Everyone in my age (well, not everyone) are confused on what to do. And that's life, I guess. Trying to figure out what you want to do with your life and being happy about your decision. Honestly scares the crap out of me that I'm gonna turn 18 in a couple weeks and soon have to make my own decisions. But alas, life has to go on. I see myself on an adventure, to travel around the world and discover new cultures/heritages. Unfortunately, setting yourself off to the world and not go to college is still frowned upon (especially of my family and relatives), but eh, do what makes you happy right? So we'll just have to wait and see, I guess.
So instead of constantly being let down by one thing: life, I found an assortment of quotes that best describes me and/or that I find rather inspiring when I'm feeling low;
- "Tomorrow isn't promised to us, only today." - Micalea Smeltzer
- "I told him I didn't want to think about the future. I wanted to stay in that ocean forever, but I knew life wouldn't pause for us - the setting sun was a constant reminder of that." - R.S Grey
- "I was afraid to let go, knowing that once I did it would forever alter everything. I knew things had to change. Without change we could not grow. But change was hard to accept." - Micalea Smeltzer
- "To live in the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all." - Oscar Wilde
- "The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." - Lao Tzu
- "To make matters worse, while there are multitude of questions swirling around in your own head, there are inquiries from friends and acquaintances and people you barely know. You try to be polite and accommodating toward anyone who asks about the situation, but really, you just want to slap them and tell them to mind their own business." - T. Torrest
- "What if life could be this way? Only the happy parts, none of the terrible, not even the mildly unpleasant. What if we could just cut out the bad and keep the good?" - Jennifer Niven
These are all my favorite quotes at the moment. Another one of my favorites though, is none other than the ones from Me Before You. This is what Will said to Louisa, "You only get one life. It's actually your duty to live it as fully as possible." And another one, "Push yourself. Don't settle. Just live well. Just live."
So instead of just existing, as in ya know, dwelling on what people think about me (they can sod right off), just live and be happy. Make every day count. Also, be thankful every single day that you're alive, because not everyone gets to wake up every day and just, breathe.
Now it's on to you. Which one is your favorite quote?
Much love, Ashley xx
Stay in touch with me here!