Best of: June '16


Ello, ello! I just got back from London yesterday, so bare with me if there a lot of incorrect grammars or spelling in this post. As the month of June is about to end, I have rounded up some of the things that I've loved for the past month! Have a lovely summer everybody!


Travel: 

LA -> HK -> JKT: Our first flight of the month was going back home from LA. I don't know about you, but I always dread long haul flights. And this particular one (one that I'll have to get used too in the future, blah), is a 21 HOUR FLIGHT. Fewh. I was super duper excited to be heading home this time around because I missed my little pooch so much and I was heading home earlier than expected because I was heading to my old school's prom two days after arriving from LA! 

JKT -> IST -> LDN: This trip has been long awaited as I love London so much. The trip to London was not a good un' as the airline we went in always takes super duper long to board and take off and the flight attendant on the 11-hour long flight was rude as hell. Basically all I wanted to do for that entire flight was stick my two middle fingers to her and tell her to take a chill pill. And I felt as if she was like that because I'm Asian. Girl, we live in an era where racism is not condoned. So take that stick out of your ass and smile for God's sake! Thank you very much. Nevertheless, I was soo happy to be back in London. It was a great trip (a very tiring one too!). So excited to share my photos! 

Movies:

Antman: A long awaited watch, I must say! Took me a year to finally watch this as I was apprehensive when the movie was first released. Honestly thought it was a joke because of the title, but once again, I was wrong. Paul Rudd is friggin' hilarious! I knew I would laugh a lot as I cracked up watching his character in Captain America: Civil War! Definitely give it a watch if you have the time. 

Eddie the Eagle: I've been waiting for so long to watch this and finally got around to watching it on the flight home from Hong Kong. I have a huge crush on Taron Egerton and Hugh Jackman at the moment. First of all, let's talk about how amazing Taron depicted the character Eddie. I don't know much about the guy but he did it so well! The move was hilarious, and very British. Major love for this one!

Testament of Youth: Bring a packet of tissue with you if you're planning on watching this. I cried, a lot whilst watching this. Not the greatest idea to cry on the plane but it was so heart gripping! The cast is beyond amazing. I have a major girl crush on Alicia Vikander and my oh my Kit Harington and Taron Egerton are in the same movie! Bloody amazing. It was quite a long one, but one that I could watch over and over again. Doesn't hurt that it's based on a real life event as well.

The Young Victoria: Been putting this off for so long but I finally got the guts to watch it last night at 3 AM in the morning, jetlagged as one could be. I went to Kensington Palace whilst I was in London and by watching this, I understood a great deal more of Queen Victoria. I salute her until this day and you should too (if you want). The romance between Queen Victoria and Prince Albert was beyond cute and ahhhh I seriously wished writing letters to a loved one still worked out now. For some reason, I cried by the end of the movie. I don't know why, maybe it's because of how good their acting were and how Queen Victoria loved her husband so much that she mourned his death until her last breath. But I think the tears was thanks to my period, making me go hormonal and emotional at the same time. Sigh.

Food:



Ice Cream with the Gals: There's nothing better than ice cream and best friends! They're the best combo. We were at PIK (the local hotspot where I live), and came across this slightly new ice cream parlour after lunch! They have great variations of flavor in stock and I myself got two flavors and I totally forgot what flavor I got because, um, jetlag. Plus, they change quite a few flavors every single week, pretty cool ey?!

Address:
Ruko Crown Golf, Blok D No. 39. Bukit Golf Mediterania, Jl. Marina Indah Raya, Pantai Indah Kapuk, Jakarta


Moments:



PROOOM: I'm not a big fan of socializing or events in general. Especially ones that I know would make me feel a bit awkward and meh, ya know? I was so wrong. Despite the horrible jetlag I had to go through whilst I was there, it felt good to be surrounded by the people I've spent eight years with, from elementary right up to high school. I'm by no means close to everyone in my batch because there are hundreds and hundreds of kids in my batch, but it felt good to be surrounded with my bestest friends. One that I'll never forget for the rest of my life. 

Well, that's it guys! My favorites for the past month. There aren't any songs or TV shows that I'm fond of this month, but that's normal as I was traveling a lot this month. By the way, I'm on a period drama binge at the moment and would love recommendations from you guys! Would be greatly appreciated if you do. So happy to be back on the blogosphere. Going MIA for the past two weeks has been good, but tough at the same time. Everyone needs to take a break sometimes, ey? ❥

Also, praying for Istanbul. I was just there at the exact airport where the terror attack happened two days before it occurred and all I could say not is that I thank God for putting me at the right place at the right time. Stay safe, everyone! 

Much love, Ashley xx













Comments

  1. Amazing photos! I would love to travel to London one day!

    Bella x
    https://bellasfashionjournal.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need go to London!is amazing

    greetings from Chile
    xx Vale

    http://valerousse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that ice cream place! So cute!

    Hope you have a fantastic July!

    xo, mikéla / simplydavelyn.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great photos!! Love those ice creams!!
    Xoxo,
    Love from www.trangscorner.com {a lifestyle, fashion, beauty, and food blog}

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved this post! Eddie the Eagle is such an amazing movie :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed it, Marta! Ahhh, I know, Taron did a great job on that one! He's absolutely hilarious. :P

      Delete
  6. Jealous that you spent some time in London! I've only been in the airport lol. Sad to hear about your crappy airline experience! Hate when people are like that!
    Vanessa
    www.theretropenguin.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah you'll get a chance one day, Vanessa! I miss it so much. Ah, I know right. Nothing worse than a rude flight attendant on a long haul flight!

      Delete
  7. That ice cream place looks so good! I know what you mean about the long haul flights as well, I feel like when you live in Australia you just get used to the fact that you have to travel so damn far to get anywhere! When I hear people referring to long haul flights as the 5 hour ones it's just like...um, no.

    www.thesundaymode.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, yesss I know, the ice cream tasted good too!

      Oh my gosh, I know right? I live in Indonesia so we're pretty close by and I get so FRUSTRATED that everywhere I go is a "long haul flight". Hahaha same here girl, a flight from London to New York is not a long haul flight!

      Delete
  8. Sucks that the flight attendant was like that but at least you got to enjoy London :)

    www.sandrafsilva.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah I know right. Yes, that's all that matters in the end! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts